Monday, November 21, 2011

Grateful for a paradigm shift

Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm attempting to rearrange my life so that I'll be able to do the things I need to do, while at the same time, be able to do the things I would like to do.   So my husband and I have sat down and prioritized our  obligations and our grand ideas and I think we've come up with a few ideas to make everything work.

For instance, I'm going to get everything done that I need to in the mornings, thus leaving my afternoons to relax and play with the kids. Evenings will be family time (unless I'm working), and weekends will be spent looking for houses and going on family outings.  Work-out times will be scheduled in the mornings (I'm thinking I'd like to do water aerobics again) at 8:30 am after we drop Chris off at work.  That will give me enough time to fit that in, and still go about the rest of the day.

Anyways, we're also looking into getting the girls bunk-beds for Christmas so I can take down their toddler beds. So looking into the types of bunk beds that the girls would need (and also making sure that the beds convert into two twin size beds) has become next on the to-do-list.

Our family has many changes to look forward to, but they are all good changes. Furthermore, these shifts in the status quo can only be good for the kids as they experience changes in school and other areas starting next year.  It will also force me to focus on prioritizing, so I don't push the family too hard, but also effectively manage our time during the week.

I hope that everyone will have a great Thanksgiving and wish us luck as we attempt to navigate through this new paradigm shift!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Amen! We are doing the same thing around here. :) I also find it really hard to prioritize when you have such limited time to prioritize within. It's basically like survivitizing. ;) We'll get it down eventually...