Thursday, February 9, 2012

Romance Requirements with Offspring

Comic Strip from

Since having kids, my husband and I rarely celebrate Valentine's Day on February 14th. While he's still thoughtful enough to get me flowers or chocolate/caramel on the official day, we usually go out the weekend before or after to accommodate our schedule and the babysitter's availability. The kids also get a treat and heart-shaped pancakes, but I try to take one day to celebrate the couple who was here before the kids showed up.

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
Charles M. Schulz

"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. " ~Author Unknown

No comments: