Thursday, August 18, 2011

Idiom as Introduction

Hello!  Welcome to Random Ruminations!
Despite the abundant alliterations, I use writing as a way to relax. Putting thoughts on paper, or in this case, the World Wide Web, allows me to maintain clarity in my thoughts that are frequently scattered in my attempt to raise a three and five year old.
Although I love writing, this is the first blog I've created. Usually, most of my writing consists of thoughts written with pen and paper, word processors, and an occasional opinion editorial.  So while attempting to try out this new media outlet that has swept the world, I find that perhaps this will be a good way to write my thoughts for constructive criticism and feedback from you.
Ultimately, I want this blog to serve three purposes: The first, to allow me to channel my random thoughts into a coherent collaboration of commentaries. Second, to act as a practice for writing to broad audiences and speaking to people of various backgrounds and experiences.  Finally, to get further ideas and insights from others on how to improve my writing techniques and expressions. Thus, building upon their ideas to create concepts that are worthy to be published and brought to fruition.
Given the nature of blogging, this will start out as being followed by those of you who already know me personally, and then perhaps expand from there. But in the meantime, I hope that you will enjoy these random ruminations from A. J. Hanks, and feel free to contact me on ways that I can improve my correspondence with you.
Until the next rumination hits me, I hope you will take care!

No comments: